Mom's Home Made Home: Laundry Detergent


Ok, so plenty of people have their own recipes for home made laundry soap. I've read up and I've tried a ton of them, but this one is my favorite because it lasts a long time, it's cheap, and it's easy. Oh, and it takes up less space than the liquid recipes while still melting down just fine in cold water.
This is a BASIC recipe- you can mix and match and add to this as you wish to make it the scent you like, etc.

1 Big Bucket/jug/container with a lid
3 bars of Fels-Naptha
1 Box Arm & Hammer Washing Powder
1 Box Borax
1 container Oxygen Cleaner base (think generic Oxyclean)

You'll need to do something with the bar soap of course, and I put mine in the food processor with a bit of the borax so it wouldn't stick to the blades. Then basically you just want to layer (for easier mixing) a bit of each of the rest of the ingredients. Most loads in my washer take a couple of tablespoons, and you can add scent crystals (like Purex Crystals or homemade ones) if you like. This recipe is super easy and only costs about ten bucks for months worth of detergent. I always wash everything in cold and I have 3 kids, so yeah, this does its job.

If you STILL don't feel like messing with it, Nellie's is always a good deal too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment